New Shipment in From www.traditionalfilipinoweapons.com

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Aaron Hutto, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Aaron Hutto

Aaron Hutto Master

Just got a package from Ron containing three new blades. So exciting! I am going to take the week to get to "know" them and then pics, vids, and reviews will come out.

treve nathan stoddern likes this.
  3. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Looking forward to it.

The trick is to open one box first and then use the blade to open the other boxes more easily :)

Eric M. Miller likes this.
  4. Aaron Hutto

Aaron Hutto Master

I tore into it like a kid a Christmas

Kevin likes this.
  5. Semper Gumby

Semper Gumby Disciple

How is the quality from them? I have seen them test a few blades tested on youtube from them; they look legit but I am cautious about buying a blade without handling it first.

6. what sort of blades are they aaron?

7. Aaron Hutto

Aaron Hutto Master

I have known Ron for a couple years. He comes up to a big martial arts cookout here in NH every summer so I have had a chance to handle some of his blades (though not these ones specifically). I bought in confidence since I have met him and seen the general quality of the blades in person. For the price you cannot go wrong. I got these at a slight discount from him because in the shipping they got some 'goo' spilled on them. I cleaned them up for the most part in about an hour. I still have some work I want to do with them in order to get them to where I want them. I am going to stain the sheaths a darker shade since whatever got spilled on them left dark marks. I am also going to take a buffer to the metal to get them all shiney - again some marks on the blades from the goo - but that is just something you have to consider when dealing with a blade that is not stainless.
    The blades I got were:
    Kris #5
    Sansibar #1
    Susuwat

8. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

Not using them as functional blades then?

9. Aaron Hutto

Aaron Hutto Master

Probably not these ones. Maybe the susuwat but the kris is really too heavy to carry and the sansibar is WAY to light at the tip. I might carry the susuwat for hiking and mountain climbing. I would love top pick up one of his goloks for that thought.

10. Dave76

What style of Kris blade is it? Does #5 refer to blade length? Surely not, as you say it's to heavy to carry around:confused: A Kriss style sword then:)
    kjhyfyt.jpg
    or more like the top one in this -
    hhgv.jpg
    I've always been fascinated with the blade style. Always wanted a Kris style balisong to fill out my collection,
    untitled.png
    but alas they've been banned here in OZ :(

11. Dave76

Wow, just googled the 'susuwat' - NICE!

susuwat.png

Wouldn't want to be on the wrong end of one of these!

12. Dave76

And will you be doing some of this then?:)

13. Aaron Hutto

Aaron Hutto Master

It is not that it is too heavy to carry around. It is just too heavy to really use in any application other than killing someone with. I plan on using it to train with ... and perhaps home security.
    The one I got is called a Kalis Kris. It has the waves near the hilt and is a straight blade toward the end

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Dave76 likes this.
  14. Aaron Hutto

Aaron Hutto Master

That is the exact blade I have. It is actually much lighter than I had expected it to be.

15. Aaron Hutto

Aaron Hutto Master

You better believe it!