loving this drill

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Bruce, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Bruce

Bruce Samurai

3. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Aaaaaaarrrrgh!! I was just going to bed, My buffday has caught up with me........But I couldn't resist!!! One of my most favourite sensitivity drills I use as often as possible. Hu bud is amazing, thanx for sharing this.......I love ya man....respects, peace and love my fellow JKD enthusiast XXXXXXX WOOOOHOOOO!!! You have got me hyper lol xxxXXXXxxxx

Master of Nothing likes this.
  4. Bruce

Bruce Samurai

Hope you had a good day, all the best.

Deborah likes this.
  5. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

I luv ya man XXXXX

Bruce likes this.
  6. Nexquietus

Nexquietus Disciple

Learn the drill, do the drill, break the drill. He has a good point about doing the drill but making sure you include more in the drill than just the Base Drill. This is a great drill, though we tend to learn it with sticks first, as it forces you to be more true to the angles.
    We are currently doing single knife work, The name the drill I'm not sure of the spelling, but we are supposed to add Hubud in the next few classes in some ways that we haven't tried before. We had a seminar with Tuhon Rommel Tortal this summer, and we have been going over what he taught and this is just one more addition.
    Great video. Thanks.

jim

Master of Nothing and Deborah like this.
  7. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

HELL YEAH we do it with sticks too Jim and once you get the hang of the base drill I moved on to all the variations and yeah it,s called Hubud...I looooove it, respects, love and peace my martial warrior friend XXXXXXxXXXXXX

8. svrider

svrider Initiate

Ju jutsu guy here with a love for stick work ( some arnis is a requirement for progressing in our school) Love the drill, we used to do it also...sticks first then open handed. We had one instructor that would break the rhythm by throwing a back fist up the middle which would get countered by capping the back fist with your hand and directing downward then throwing another high punch / hook. Is that something inherent in JKD? just curious

on a side note I have played with this drill from a knife stand point and love that also, much respect for all you FMA and JKD men and women.

9. Regent St-Onge

Regent St-Onge Canada Goju

I love that drill Bruce... congrats, video well done and easy to understand for beginner...
    Keep on rockin...
    Reg

Bruce likes this.
  10. Colten Wilson

Colten Wilson Disciple

thats cool the jut kune doo style of chi sou