Equipment Ideas for MMA

Discussion in 'Training Gear' started by GoldDan, Jan 1, 2017.

1. GoldDan

GoldDan Founder of Neo-Bokator, supreme master Dan.

The earning right now is good, so I want to invest in some club-owned sparring equipment. Sparring is huge in our system, since my philosophy is that I only wanna teach things they get to use. We do sparring in different rules, everything from boxing only to MMA with headbutts and foot stomping(light contact).

I haven't made my mind up yet, but I am thinking of going with the very padded monster glove from evolve x.
    I don't know what to use for shin and instep, but it needs to be suitable for transitioning into grappling.
    I'm not sure if I'm gonna get more than just the hand and foot protection. I think it is better to pad the strikes than to pad the target, since we're all over the place, but perhaps some padding on the elbows and a helmet for headbutts.

What do you guys think?

3. Pedro

Pedro Baek Doo San

I think that if you are a gold dan you should know the suitable equipment for your students:blackalien:

GoldDan likes this.
  4. GoldDan

GoldDan Founder of Neo-Bokator, supreme master Dan.

I sometimes pick up really good advice from my fellow master above masters sensie sifu truly superior black belt of all black belt kings of martial art 30 degree blackbelts:p

Like, I asked this question to a point fighter and he actually adviced me to buy helmets where I can put on a visor, because you always get that one student who gets slightly patted on the nose and unleashes a river of nosebleed.

I have to admit, that is pretty solid advice for a guy investing in sparring gear.

5. Master of Nothing

Master of Nothing Psychotic Pacifist

I'd definitely agree with headgear with face protection. It's one of the first things my students get. That and a Brainpad mouth piece. They get these, even before they get gloves or a chest guard. This is because we start they with reaction drills for CQC, which tend to focus on defending/attacking the head/face.
    One they have more experience with heavier stuff, I'm presently looking for chest gear that isn't the standard glorified cushions or the stereotypical TKD sparring pads that are a bit over rated.
    Right now, I thinking about testing the RDX brand of chest gear, because they claim that full-on kicks, knees, and whatever are usable with their chest gear.
    http://rdxsports.com/